Snow & Ice
Whilst Keylite Roof Windows can be covered with snow and ice for long periods, it is imperative that melting snow and ice can always drain off from the windows and surrounding flashings.Download PDF
- In cold areas it is possible for considerable amounts of snow and ice to accumulate on the roof.
- If the snow and ice is not removed, the alternation between warm and cold temperatures can cause a bank of snow or ice to form on or below the roof window. This bank of snow or ice may dam newly melted water and therefore cause water ingress around the windows as neither roof window nor roof surface are designed to cope with dammed up water.
- Whilst Keylite Roof Windows can be covered with snow and ice for long periods, it is imperative that melting snow and ice can always drain off from the roof windows and surrounding flashings.
- Snow and ice should therefore be removed from the areas on and around the roof window in the same way as leaves and other debris.
- Ensure all flashings and gutters are clean to allow water to melt and run away freely.
Steps to removing snow and ice
Cleaning Manual Roof Windows
Keylite Roof Windows have been designed to be easily maintained. This guide shows you how to easily clean your roof windows.Learn More
Due to the position of roof windows, they are more exposed to the elements. Therefore, they are cooled considerably more than vertical windows.Learn More
Backed by a guarantee
up to 20 years.
We are so confident about our products that we offer guarantees up to 20 years.
Get In Touch
We are available on LiveChat to answer any queries you may have.
Monday - Friday, 9am-5pm